Monday, April 23, 2007

Engagement


April 4th was Mike's birthday! We had celebrated the day before by going to Burlington to pick out his birthday gift. On his birthday, I was not feeling very well so when he had to go to his last basketball game of the season, I chose to stay home, do some homework and wait for him. When he got home we decided we would take a romantic bath for his birthday, although we do that often! He got out and told me I could stay in as long as I wanted. He brought me in a glass of red wine and a snack and I got comfortable. About 20 minutes later he told yelled to me "hun, come here..." so I got out of the bath and into some clothes and opened the bathroom door... that is when I saw complete darkness except for the illumination by about 100 candles, making a path covered in rose petals and long stem red roses that led me into our bedroom. When I got into the bedroom, there was a large heart outlined in candles and covered with rose petals. Mike stood there in all black with a single red rose and after telling me how much he loved me, knelt on one knee and said "All I want for my birthday is to spend the rest of my life with you... Jennifer, Will you Marry Me?"... AMAZING! I of course said yes, and there begins our journey...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful Story ...Congrats to you both